Thursday, October 11, 2007

HW 17b Zuniga > Cox

Without even a question of a doubt, if I were looking for helpful election tips I would towards Zuniga over Cox. I don't trust the Esquire to give me reliable tips about celebrities, I certainly wouldn't trust a similar work to give me my political advice. I have broad sense of humor, I love political satire. However, I also have a strong interest in politics and hearing about a senators sex life does not interest me in the least. What that politician does on his own time is his own concern, I'm more interested in his political values. To discredit Cox further, I also would not accept her article into my political reasoning simply because she is not a credible source. Fired from every job as she puts it, does give me the urge or desire to get my sources from her site. If she published a funny in the newspaper I might be more likely to read her work. Now, since i have clearly stated why i would not choose Cox's article I must explain why I would chose Zuniga's. First off he is a former GI and a democrat. I feel like this is a good mix, if you can be part of the army and then still retain liberal values, you must be an opinionated person. Like me even directly post 9/11 he was still able to see the injustices with our government and was able to voice them. All things considering he might actually be worth listening too.

No comments: