Monday, November 26, 2007

Hw 28 An Open Letter To Riverbend

A "Baghdad Burning" is a refreshing change for me in the literacy department. Being a history major the last few books I've read were written long before America was colonized. So it is a nice change of pace to read some current information. In fact, since I've been to Keene it is some of the only new information that I have been privy to. I have become shut off from the mainstream world and have quite literally only a very vague picture of the political happenings in the world. That is why I have enjoyed reading you're book. You paint a very similar picture that I had running in my mind and that is of the event's going on in Iraq. Although, it brings me no joy to be affirmed of my suspicions, at some base level it is still good to know about it. Also, it is good to know that there are like-minded people on both ends of the spectrum. I believe it would do many Americans good to read you're book, if only to put a human face on Iraqi's, because of coarse that is not the image being portrayed in America. Now, to mention you're writing style, because it is another thing that I can identify with. Dry, somewhat sarcastic, you write humorously, all the while talking about important issues. They could use a person like you on the daily show. Keep on writing the truth about what you hear and see, because that is journalism at its best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.